At Tanglewood Total Wealth Management, we respect your personal privacy. We realize that you have entrusted us with private personal and financial information, and it is important that you know our policy concerning what we do with that information. These policies apply to current and former clients of Tanglewood in our role as a registered investment advisory firm.
We collect personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information you provide us in investment advisory agreements, brokerage account applications, and other documents you complete in connection with the opening and maintaining your accounts with us;
- Information you provide us verbally;
- Information we receive from third parties, such as brokerage firms and your transactions with us or with others.
This personal information includes such things as your name, birth date, Social Security number, address and telephone numbers, net worth, annual income and account numbers.
Tanglewood does not sell and will not sell non-public client information to anyone for any reason. Furthermore, we do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about you to third parties, except in the following circumstances:
- When a non-financial company performs services for Tanglewood such as operational or administrative services. In such cases, all companies with whom we do business are contractually obligated to comply with Tanglewood’s standards regarding security and confidentiality, and the information can be used only for the sole purpose of providing service we have requested of the company to perform.
- When you have specifically authorized us to do so (such as family members, attorneys, CPAs or other professional advisors). In which case we will do so using secure and/or encrypted communication methods and emphasize the confidential nature of the information being shared.
- We may disclose or report personal information in limited circumstances where disclosure is required or permitted under law. For example, to cooperate with regulators or law enforcement authorities.
Within the firm, we employ numerous safeguards to ensure the security and confidentiality of all client data. We restrict access to your personal financial information to the employees who need to know that information to provide services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your privacy including daily backups of our computer information in a secure environment, anti-virus protection software, hard drive encryption software, and password protected access to client information. Additionally, we employ an email encryption service to securely send and request email attachments.